This photo of Bonneville Salt Flats is courtesy of TripAdvisor
A spontaneous flee from mundane suburban life is exactly how we ended up on the Salt Flats recently. A blurb of a news story about a rocket club hosting a sport launch flashed across my Facebook page and 10 minutes later we were on our way. It was an exciting day!
|Ready and waiting for the rockets to launch|
On our drive home, the 5 of us came up with a list of 25 other fun things we could do on the Salt Flats and we're sharing it with you today...
1. Watch a rocket launch
2. Play Croquet
3. Throw a Frisbee
4. Stop and Look at the Mystery Ball Tree
5. Drive (kind of) fast
6. Ride an ATV or dirt bike
7. Have a Picnic (the salt's provided)
8. Do handstands & cartwheels (cute photo ops)
9. Fly a Kite
10. Try windsurfing on a skateboard
11. Watch a speed trial
12. Ride a bike
13. Have a paper airplane race
14. Have a salt ball fight
15. Carve a petroglyph message for strangers to see
16. Find a geocache
17. Make up a story of creatures that lived in the Bonneville Sea
18.Use a magnifying glass or microscope to examine salt crystals
19. Salt Art (Colored paper, glue, & a sprinkle salt)
20. Give Mom a good exfoliation
21. Play Bocce
22. Make a salt castle
23. Water Color with spray bottles, water, and food coloring
24. Look for bug and animal tracks
25. Smile and have a great time!
What fun things will your family do at the Salt Flats?